About my baking challenge

I discovered the joy of baking for the first time ever in 2013, shortly after my dear mum passed away from cancer. During 2014 I tried to bring these two things together in a positive way , have fun and raise some money for Ashgate Hospice in Chesterfield where my mum passed away. Throughout the year I tried out new techniques and recipes from time to time ... and then sold some of my bakes for charity in my workplace. Since then I have continued to bake with some ups and downs .. and this blog charts my baking experiences, good and bad!

Sunday 5 October 2014

CCC Warrington 3rd Birthday - Cocktails & Mocktails


The Warrington branch of the Clandestine Cake Club held its third birthday party on Tuesday 30th September, with a theme of Cocktails and Mocktails.

The event was organised by our lovely leader Helen Rimmer, and was held at the fabulous Dingle Farm in Appleton - a wonderful olde worlde tea room, artists' studio and farm shop. The ladies there looked after us all brilliantly, serving drinks in the most gorgeous vintage china, which really set the tone for the occasion.

It is only the second time I have attended a meeting of the CCC but I was really looking forward to it; as I was sure everyone would push the boat out and make a real effort for the club's third birthday .... and I certainly wasn't disappointed!! There were somewhere in the region of 15 stunning cakes of every description spread over 2 tables - it was difficult to keep track of exactly how many and what was what, as more seemed to keep appearing (and in the whirl of admiration and cake cutting some of the labels went awry!!), but they included

  • 3 strawberry daquiri cakes
  • Amaretto bundt
  • Banana daquiri cake
  • Pimms layer cake
  • Irish Coffee Liqueur cake
  • B52 cake
  • Chocolate, almond & rum cake
  • Pink champagne and strawberry cake
  • Pina Colada cake
  • Chocolate whiskey cake
  • Fruit cooler cake

(sorry for any I have missed!!)

All I can say is wow what a selection!! Everyone seemed to have a great time tucking into samples and chatting whilst sipping their tea from vintage china ... I took along a friend as a guest and she also really enjoyed it.  It's  just a pity there were just tooo many to sample them all!!

(most of the following pictures taken by Helen Rimmer for the CCC  blog, as I took loads of my own but due to low light conditions they didn't come out!)

DSC_0004


DSC_0009



DSC_0023



DSC_0006


Thanks to Helen and to the Dingle Farm ladies plus all the bakers for such a wonderful evening.
Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment